Saturday, September 16, 2006

Romanian Baseball Bats

"Is this yours too?" I asked of the three Romanian girls as they collected their shopping bags out of the car. I was holding my snow brush/icescraper
"No. But I think this is." Lori said as she picked up my baseball bat. "Why do you have this in your car?"
"Oh, I like to play baseball sometimes."
"You see, in Romania all drivers have one of these in their car,"
"...but for a whole nother reason." I interjected as Lori & the other girls giggled.


Lori had called me just as I was about to get off work, because her and her friends had gone shopping at the University Mall, but had forgotten that the bus schedule changes on Saturday. I was excited to go, so that I could meet Lori's roommate, who is also a Believer, before study tomorrow night. We had a good time in that short car ride. Praise God for forgetfulness and inconveniences which create needs that allow the brethren to serve one another. When I had seen Lori at the hotel earlier that day she told me that her and her roommate Dana (Dah-nah-not Day-na) had checked out Christ Memorial's website and, she said with that big excited grin on her face, "and we liked it a lot!" I hope they get to come to a Sunday morning service before they leave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home